Want to know how to feel better quickly and get rid of uncomfortable water weight? Here are 18 fluid retention remedies that can help you feel better quickly!
This post is all about using plant-based foods to find relief from fluid retention.
For many of us, there eventually comes a time when we find that we are retaining fluid. This can be a result of many things and some of which include injuries, medical issues or medications. Some reasons are natural and cyclical. It could be our diet and inclusions of foods that are prepared with high amounts of sodium. It can happen because of hormones and lifestyle, or even the hot summer temperatures.
There are many reasons for people to retain fluid, but it is a very uncomfortable experience. It causes weight gain, swelling of the face, midsection, limbs, and fingers, and it leaves us with a constant feeling of bloating and fullness. Fortunately, there are fluid retention remedies that can help you feel better quickly!
Many plant-based foods that are natural diuretics. Consuming these foods can help provide relief in uncomfortable times and help you lose the extra water weight without inviting countless additional side effects that tend to accompany most medications. You are going to learn all about plant-based fluid retention remedies so that you can find fast relief!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Fluid Retention Remedies with Plants
1. Watermelon. This fruit is over 90 percent water, so it would seem that this would make the problem worse. Fortunately, that is not the case! Watermelon has many beneficial nutrients that help with the urination process and optimize good health. It contains an abundance of vitamins and minerals and it can protect against numerous health problems including diabetes. There are restorative elements like L-citrulline, which helps one recover after intense workouts. Watermelon can also reduce the severity and frequency of asthma attacks. This amazing fruit is healthy for the heart. It eases inflammation and is a very effective pain reliever. Not only does it protect nerves and pH balance, but it is a digestive aid, helps protect teeth and gums, and kidneys, and can prevent heat exhaustion and stroke. Watermelon is quite tasty, too!
2. Ginger. This plant is one powerful anti-inflammatory and possesses the ability to flush the body of excess fluids. It is packed with medicinal properties, so this is a great plant to keep in your kitchen. Ginger can treat many forms of nausea, relieve muscle pain, lower blood sugar and protect the heart. It can treat chronic conditions and menstrual pains, lower cholesterol, help with dementia, fight infections, and protect against cancer. It also adds a delightful flavor to many dishes, soups, and juices.
3. Kale. Green leafy vegetables are packed with phytonutrients, so kale is among the plants with the most abundant amount of nutrients. This super food is an excellent source of antioxidants and vitamin C, vitamin K, and beta carotene. Kale also has numerous cancer-fighting properties. It can protect the eyes and aid in a person’s attempt to maintain a healthy weight. Also among kale’s healthy properties is the ability to rid the body of unnecessary elements like excessive water.
4. Pineapple. Pineapple has abundant amounts of protective enzymes. It improves vision, immunity, and bone health. It also treats arthritis, improves circulation, treats inflammation, as well as cough and cold. Pineapple is great for treating asthma, controlling diabetes, and increasing fertility. It also can regulate blood pressure, dissolve kidney stones, and protect the heart. Additionally, it assists in removing excess water from the body.
5. Celery. This vegetable packs a powerful punch with each stalk! Celery is a very effective diuretic, so it reduces blood pressure easily. It also prevents urinary tract infections and cancer, treats diabetes, reduces arthritis pain, relieves migraines, prevents cataracts, aids in weight loss, and more.
6. Cucumbers. In addition to helping with expunging excessive water from the body, cucumbers can freshen breath, reduce inflammation, help with stress, fight cancer, and support a healthy weight, brain, and heart. They help to maintain hydration, ease heartburn and sunburn, soothe muscle and joint pain, reduce cholesterol, help keep the kidneys in good shape, and much more.
7. Asparagus. Not only is asparagus a helpful diuretic, it helps to regulate blood sugar and maintain healthy homocysteine levels. It improves fertility, helps with hangovers, reduces inflammation, lowers cholesterol, and reduces excess water weight. Asparagus also improves eyesight, increases cell production, treats epileptic symptoms, and reduces the risk of neurodegenerative diseases.
8. Lemon. Lemons remove excess water from the body and provide many other healthful benefits such as aiding in weight loss and helping to prevent kidney stones. Lemons help treat indigestion and fever. They are helpful for hair, nails, and skin. In addition to relieving burns, they also soothe respiratory disorders, treat rheumatism and cholera, and relax muscles and joints. They have coagulant and antiseptic properties, so they are effective at stopping internal bleeding. It also has been found that placing a little lemon juice on a cotton ball inside the nose can stop a nosebleed.
9. Beets. Among the many health benefits of beets are lowered blood pressure, increased endurance and stamina, better digestion, better brain health, cancer and anemia prevention, as well as weight loss, improved heart health and liver detoxification. It also provides a boost in immunity, reduced birth defects, increased libido, reduced respiratory issues, and much more.
10. Peaches. Peaches are packed with antioxidants and naturally help with water retention, so they effortlessly aid in weight control. They are good for the heart and skin, and they help prevent cancer. It has been found that they boost ocular function, detoxify the body, and reduce inflammation. They also reduce stress, help prevent anemia, promote stronger bones and teeth, enhance immunity, and they have anti-aging properties. They also remove excess water from the body.
11. Cilantro. Cilantro rids the body of heavy metals, removes excess water, and protects against oxidative stress, so it plays an important role in detoxification. It reduces anxiety, and improves sleep, which contributes to overall wellness and morale. Among other helpful abilities, cilantro prevents urinary tract infections, protects against food poisoning, and prevents neurological inflammation. Additionally, it improves menstrual function, soothes skin irritations, and protects against colon cancer.
12. Cabbage. This plant reduces inflammation, reduces water weight, improves digestion, lowers blood pressure and supports heart health. Cabbage is packed with vitamins and protects against radiation therapy, so they can be very helpful to those with weakened immune systems. It regulates heart health, cholesterol levels, and healthy digestion. In addition to preventing cataracts and prostate cancer, it speeds up healing, regulates blood pressure, reduces muscle aches, and more.
13. Grapes. Grapes can treat asthma, strengthen bones, reduce water retention, relieve constipation, balance cholesterol levels, prevent breast cancer, reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s, reduce the risk of macular degeneration, treat migraines, boost immunity, prevent fatigue and heart attacks, reduce the risks of kidney diseases, help with anemia, and even more
14. Onions. Onions may not smell very pleasant, but they have such healthful abilities that no one should notice! They have antimicrobial properties and prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, yeast, and microbes. They regulate blood sugar levels, boost bone health, prevent cancer, and help with eye and mouth irritation. Onions also regulate fluid levels in the body.
15. Berries. Not only do berries rid the body of excess water, they are loaded with antioxidants and improve blood sugar and insulin sensitivity. They are high in fiber and they fight inflammation. They also protect against cancer, strengthen memory and brain function, keep arteries healthy, lower cholesterol, and are great for the skin.
16. Garlic. Garlic is a power food and it can be used to treat a ton of conditions such as cancer, heart disease, hypertension, and high cholesterol. It helps with the common cold, boosts the immune system, treats yeast infections and conditions of the mouth and tooth decay. Besides treating ulcers and intestinal infection, it also treats and prevents cancer. In addition to helping with allergies, it protects the skin, helps remove scars, and has anti-aging properties. It also detoxifies the body and improves brain function. This is one powerful plant!
17. Bell peppers. Peppers have many advantages. They reduce excessive water retention, promote eye health, and prevent anemia. They also are nourishing for fetuses, they are ideal for weight loss, and promote digestive health. Because they have anti-aging properties and promote respiratory health, they are a helpful addition to one’s diet.
18. Apple Cider Vinegar. This is an effective diuretic and it is low in calories. Apple cider vinegar has powerful acetic acid properties and kills many types of harmful bacteria. It regulates blood sugar levels and reduces belly fat. Many benefits include protecting against cancer, lowering cholesterol levels, improving heart health, curing hiccups and easing stomach pain. Apple cider vinegar is great for curing a sore throat, clearing a stuffy nose, and aiding in digestion. It also clears acne, boosts energy, and relieves cramps. Amazingly, it also has many other incredible benefits!
Here is my favorite brand of apple cider vinegar. Braggs has been around for many years and this product includes the “mother,” or protein strands that include beneficial enzymes and helpful bacteria. This is what gives apple cider its cloudy appearance. It can be extremely beneficial for optimal health.
This post was about fluid retention remedies. These are some of many foods that I enjoy for countless reasons. I hope they help you feel better quickly!
- “Why Am I Retaining Water?” WebMD. https://www.webmd.com/diet/why-am-i-retaining-water#1
- “20 Natural Diuretics to Add to Your Diet,” Eat This, Not That! https://www.eatthis.com/diuretics/
- “11 Proven Benefits of Ginger,” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-benefits-of-ginger#section11
- “10 Proven Benefits of Kale,” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/10-proven-benefits-of-kale
- “13 Impressive Health Benefits of Watermelon.” Natural Food Series. https://www.naturalfoodseries.com/13-benefits-watermelon/
- “17 Amazing Health Benefits of Pineapples.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/pineapples.html
- “15 Incredible Celery Benefits.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/health-benefits-of-celery.html
- “9 Amazing Health Benefits of Cucumbers,” Mercola.com. https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/23/health-benefits-cucumbers.aspx
- “16 Superb Health Benefits of Cucumbers,” Care2.org. https://www.care2.com/greenliving/16-superb-health-benefits-of-cucumber.html
- “14 Impressive Benefits of Asparagus,” NaturalFoodSeries.com. https://www.naturalfoodseries.com/14-benefits-asparagus/
- “15 Evidence-Based Facts About Lemons.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-lemon.html
- “22 Amazing Benefits of Beets.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/beets.html
- “18 Amazing Benefits of Peaches.” Stylecraze.com. https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-peaches/
- “15 Natural Diuretics.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/health/natural-diuretics#6
- “12 Cilantro Benefits.” DrAxe.com. https://draxe.com/cilantro-benefits/
- “Benefits of Cabbage.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/benefits-of-cabbage#section10
- “20 Health Benefits of Cabbage.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/vegetable/health-benefits-of-cabbage.html
- “17 Surprising Benefits of Grapes.” OrganicFacts.net. https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/fruit/health-benefits-of-grapes.html
- “11 Reasons Why Berries Are Among the Healthiest Foods on the Earth.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-reasons-to-eat-berries
- “Onions 101: Nutrition Facts and Health Effects.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/onions
- “Foods with Healing Power: The Health Benefits of Garlic.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/health/foods-healing-power-garlic
- “33 Surprising Health Benefits of Garlic.” Selfhacked.com. https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/garlic-health-benefits/
- “Health Benefits of Bell Peppers.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/bell-peppers#section5
- “11 Health Benefits of Bell Peppers,” Healthline.com. https://www.naturalfoodseries.com/11-health-benefits-bell-peppers/
- “6 Proven Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.” Healthline.com. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar
- “Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits.” Reader’s Digest. https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/
- “Natural Diuretics.” DrAxe.com. https://draxe.com/natural-diuretics/
More Posts You Might Like
Want To Learn More About Healthy Nutrition?
Browse Our Online Courses!
Leave a Reply